- I'm Karen, a city dweller who dreams about wide open spaces in the country, somewhere further north, where they actually have all four seasons. Until then, I'll be writing about life here in the city. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! God bless you and come visit often.
- "The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed." Patrick Henry
- "The best part of all Christian work is that part which only God sees." - Andrew Bonar (1810-1892)
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie ten Boom
- "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." --C.S. Lewis Maybe if we could put God and the 10 Commandments back in schools, kids would learn to care about and respect each other and crime would drop. They would stop hating each other and trying to kill each other.
- "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." George Washington
- You and the Lord are the majority in any conflict with the enemy.
A study of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. It’s a great habit to read through the Bible every year. Hide the Word in your heart!
Search The Urban Woman
Latest Pins on Pinterest – 55 boards and over 18,000 pins
Affiliate DisclosureI am a member of various affiliate marketing programs from which I earn commissions on the sale of products that are advertised on this site, unless otherwise stated.
- "I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble." ~ Hellen Keller
- What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?
- What great thing would you attempt if you KNEW you could not fail?
- "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
Category Archives: Walking in Faith
Just a quick update and Praise Report. Hubby found out he had colon cancer, stage 2. The surgeon took out 19 polyps during the colonoscopy but found 2 masses that were too large to take out. He went back to … Continue reading
I was cleaning off my desk, organizing and dealing with all my sticky notes and I came across one that had this verse, 1 Samuel 7:12 with the words, So Far So God. I don’t even know the source of … Continue reading
Jesus Himself said this to the Jews who wanted to kill Him, “You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.” John 5:39. We Christians know that in Him … Continue reading
Don’t you love a good challenge? Doesn’t it stir you up so you say to yourself, I can do this. Nothing is too hard for me, when I have Christ in me helping me. I’ve been reading a booklet by … Continue reading
Seeing all that is going on in the nation and in the rest of the world, Islamic jihad, ISIS, etc, I have been under some stress, as I’m sure some of you might be too. It’s very difficult to not be … Continue reading
To encourage you and myself, because looking at the things that are going on out there in the world, especially when we hear of the middle east and Israel, we can be filled with fear. But we know this, that … Continue reading
Excuse my drawing. I’m not an artist, but I was thinking about something today, how I could maybe encourage you or someone you know who might be going through a difficult time. A really difficult time. A valley in your life. … Continue reading