- I'm Karen, a city dweller who dreams about wide open spaces in the country, somewhere further north, where they actually have all four seasons. Until then, I'll be writing about life here in the city. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! God bless you and come visit often.
- "The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed." Patrick Henry
- "The best part of all Christian work is that part which only God sees." - Andrew Bonar (1810-1892)
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie ten Boom
- "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." --C.S. Lewis Maybe if we could put God and the 10 Commandments back in schools, kids would learn to care about and respect each other and crime would drop. They would stop hating each other and trying to kill each other.
- "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." George Washington
- You and the Lord are the majority in any conflict with the enemy.
A study of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. It’s a great habit to read through the Bible every year. Hide the Word in your heart!
Search The Urban Woman
Latest Pins on Pinterest – 55 boards and over 18,000 pins
Affiliate DisclosureI am a member of various affiliate marketing programs from which I earn commissions on the sale of products that are advertised on this site, unless otherwise stated.
- "I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble." ~ Hellen Keller
- What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?
- What great thing would you attempt if you KNEW you could not fail?
- "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
Category Archives: Traditions
Christmas Eve 2016 I’ve been enjoying myself so much today. I wrapped some gifts and made some tags for a few of the Christmas gifts. Thanks to the pinners on Pinterest for sharing great photos, which I saved on my Christmas board. … Continue reading
What happened to the past 2 weeks? It whizzed by so fast that I didn’t get to take a breath, hardly. Then yesterday I took sick. Cold. Flu. I don’t know. I haven’t been sick like this in 13 years. I … Continue reading
2014 Gratitude List I’ve been working on another project for a couple of days now. This is my framed list of just some of the things in my life for which I’m grateful. I’m sure I’ll think of many more that I can … Continue reading
I am very glad to see that many Christians are returning to including more things of Jesus in their Christmas celebrations. My sister told me she intends to make some tags with the names of Jesus to put on their … Continue reading
Here’s another gift tag idea. I bought a pad of K&Company Christmas gift tags at Michael’s. Very pretty. Then I went to the Walmart photo lab with my handy flash-drive loaded with my pictures that I wanted to print. … Continue reading
These are so simple to make. I buy boxes of Christmas cards every year, and of course I don’t use them all. Do you do that too? I decided to take some of those extra cards and cut them into … Continue reading
I’ve got glitter on my hands, on my clothes, on my desk, on my laptop. Can you guess what I’m doing? Crafting, you say? Nope. Handling ornaments and putting them on the tree, you say? Nope. Setting out a snowy … Continue reading