- I'm Karen, a city dweller who dreams about wide open spaces in the country, somewhere further north, where they actually have all four seasons. Until then, I'll be writing about life here in the city. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! God bless you and come visit often.
- "The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed." Patrick Henry
- "The best part of all Christian work is that part which only God sees." - Andrew Bonar (1810-1892)
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie ten Boom
- "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." --C.S. Lewis Maybe if we could put God and the 10 Commandments back in schools, kids would learn to care about and respect each other and crime would drop. They would stop hating each other and trying to kill each other.
- "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." George Washington
- You and the Lord are the majority in any conflict with the enemy.
A study of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. It’s a great habit to read through the Bible every year. Hide the Word in your heart!
Search The Urban Woman
Latest Pins on Pinterest – 55 boards and over 18,000 pins
Affiliate DisclosureI am a member of various affiliate marketing programs from which I earn commissions on the sale of products that are advertised on this site, unless otherwise stated.
- "I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble." ~ Hellen Keller
- What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?
- What great thing would you attempt if you KNEW you could not fail?
- "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
Category Archives: Story Time
I finally (sadly) put away my Autumn decorating yesterday. It took all day long. I usually put up as much if not more autumn décor as I do Christmas décor. I’m gradually bringing out the Christmas. Husband brought in all … Continue reading
Here’s another story from my archives. What a great sense of humor. Now here is a great response from a speeding suspect. Enjoy! SPEEDING TICKET IN KINGSVILLE, TEXAS. Two Texas Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on Hwy 77, … Continue reading
From my stories archives. Just a short story. It’s a story about praying. If you don’t know how to pray, this is a good suggestion. ~~~~~oOo~~~~~ A man’s daughter had asked the local minister to come and pray with her … Continue reading
I love reading Christmas stories. First, the Bible account of the birth of Jesus in Luke. Then I like to read my favorite blogs to see what they have to share. You’ll need tissues for this one. Well, I did anyway. I read … Continue reading
This is from my email archives, so I wanted to share it. If you purchase the book and read it, I suggest that you read it all the way through before you decide whether you disagree (or agree) with it. … Continue reading
I don’t know who the author of this piece is. I found it in my archives from my emails. I’m sure you’ll like it. ~ ~ ~ o0o ~ ~ ~ Dear Ones, this is a great reminder of how … Continue reading
Here’s another story for you! Original author unknown. ~~~~oOo~~~~ Wishing to encourage her young son’s progress on the piano, a mother took the boy to a Paderewski concert. After they were seated, the mother spotted an old friend in the … Continue reading