- I'm Karen, a city dweller who dreams about wide open spaces in the country, somewhere further north, where they actually have all four seasons. Until then, I'll be writing about life here in the city. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! God bless you and come visit often.
- "The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed." Patrick Henry
- "The best part of all Christian work is that part which only God sees." - Andrew Bonar (1810-1892)
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie ten Boom
- "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." --C.S. Lewis Maybe if we could put God and the 10 Commandments back in schools, kids would learn to care about and respect each other and crime would drop. They would stop hating each other and trying to kill each other.
- "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." George Washington
- You and the Lord are the majority in any conflict with the enemy.
A study of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. It’s a great habit to read through the Bible every year. Hide the Word in your heart!
Search The Urban Woman
Latest Pins on Pinterest – 55 boards and over 18,000 pins
Affiliate DisclosureI am a member of various affiliate marketing programs from which I earn commissions on the sale of products that are advertised on this site, unless otherwise stated.
- "I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble." ~ Hellen Keller
- What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?
- What great thing would you attempt if you KNEW you could not fail?
- "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
Category Archives: Sharing This ‘n That
I have a mish-mash of stuff to share. Nothin’ really important, but I hope you’ll enjoy it. I won’t say it for the 20th time that I do love autumn and I’m wishing it to come soon. 🙂 I was … Continue reading
I have not wanted to let go of the holidays this year. I only just got my decorations taken down this weekend. Well, most of them. Some of the red candles are still sitting around. Like I said, I don’t … Continue reading
I just wanted to share some things with you. Random stuff, hodge-podge things, some with links for you to click on, so here goes. I planted the pumpkin seeds that I ordered awhile back. Kinda silly actually. I’m sure none of you … Continue reading
I’ve been going through all my favorites sites and posts that I saved on a spreadsheet “for later use,” to back them up on a flash drive. I found some interesting articles to share. They are all random, nothing to do … Continue reading
I’ve been working and stressing about working so much lately that it feels like my brain has been “out of order” for about a month now. Because I want to keep in touch with you, dear friends, I thought I’d … Continue reading
I heard a beautiful song yesterday. The singers are Brian Free & Assurance. Brian has an awesome voice. Listen to the words. They are so meaningful. Never Walk Alone. I’ve never heard this group before. Where have I been, right? This song … Continue reading
I just wanted to share with you a hodge-podge of things I’ve been reading the past few days, so here you go… How to build a solar heating system with recycled cans. Health benefits of Brazil nuts. Thankful for older … Continue reading