- I'm Karen, a city dweller who dreams about wide open spaces in the country, somewhere further north, where they actually have all four seasons. Until then, I'll be writing about life here in the city. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! God bless you and come visit often.
- "The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed." Patrick Henry
- "The best part of all Christian work is that part which only God sees." - Andrew Bonar (1810-1892)
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie ten Boom
- "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." --C.S. Lewis Maybe if we could put God and the 10 Commandments back in schools, kids would learn to care about and respect each other and crime would drop. They would stop hating each other and trying to kill each other.
- "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." George Washington
- You and the Lord are the majority in any conflict with the enemy.
A study of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. It’s a great habit to read through the Bible every year. Hide the Word in your heart!
Search The Urban Woman
Latest Pins on Pinterest – 55 boards and over 18,000 pins
Affiliate DisclosureI am a member of various affiliate marketing programs from which I earn commissions on the sale of products that are advertised on this site, unless otherwise stated.
- "I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble." ~ Hellen Keller
- What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?
- What great thing would you attempt if you KNEW you could not fail?
- "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
Category Archives: Patriotism
Will America survive after the election if Hillary wins? I don’t even know where to begin. I must say that I’m tired (as I’m sure all of you are too) of all the ugliness of the 2016 campaigns. Lies, accusations, name … Continue reading
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be very liberal, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support … Continue reading
My husband is a veteran. He served well before I ever knew him. A Vietnam Army vet. He was a POW for 4 of the 5 years he served. It’s truly a miracle that he lived through all that torture he suffered. … Continue reading
Do I say Happy Memorial Day? I think not. For so many, what’s happy about it, ya know. I have many family members who have served; husband, uncles, cousins, great-uncles, a great-aunt, great-great-uncles, and so on. In my lifetime I have … Continue reading
I cried today, as some of you might also have done. I didn’t turn the TV on before I went to work this morning. I was fully aware of the importance of the date. ~~ Nine-Eleven ~~ Sadness remembering the … Continue reading
The Star Spangled Banner I found this in my email archives and it is an excellent patriotic piece. I don’t know who wrote it so I hope I’m not stepping on any toes. I DO love my country. ~~~oOo~~~ Near … Continue reading
Because mid term elections are coming up on Tuesday Nov 5th, I thought I’d share some famous Ronald Reagan quotes. He was one of my favorite presidents. He was a man of honor and he loved this great nation. I … Continue reading