- I'm Karen, a city dweller who dreams about wide open spaces in the country, somewhere further north, where they actually have all four seasons. Until then, I'll be writing about life here in the city. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! God bless you and come visit often.
- "The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed." Patrick Henry
- "The best part of all Christian work is that part which only God sees." - Andrew Bonar (1810-1892)
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie ten Boom
- "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." --C.S. Lewis Maybe if we could put God and the 10 Commandments back in schools, kids would learn to care about and respect each other and crime would drop. They would stop hating each other and trying to kill each other.
- "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." George Washington
- You and the Lord are the majority in any conflict with the enemy.
A study of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. It’s a great habit to read through the Bible every year. Hide the Word in your heart!
Search The Urban Woman
Latest Pins on Pinterest – 55 boards and over 18,000 pins
Affiliate DisclosureI am a member of various affiliate marketing programs from which I earn commissions on the sale of products that are advertised on this site, unless otherwise stated.
- "I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble." ~ Hellen Keller
- What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?
- What great thing would you attempt if you KNEW you could not fail?
- "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
Category Archives: Home & Garden
I worked in the kitchen this morning. I really enjoy working in my kitchen. Baking. Cooking breakfast and supper. Loading the dishwasher. I know I am blessed with so much. I’m very grateful to the LORD for the blessings He … Continue reading
Husband and I have been busy doing some To Do’s. Mine, ya know. If I would stay off of Pinterest, husband might be able to rest. But then I wouldn’t have my great stuff. Just thought I would share them with … Continue reading
You can do that, ya know, alter the recipe. I was in the mood for the cheesy hashbrown casserole. But I had a little problem. No hashbrowns in the fridge. So I thought, ok, I’ll use frozen and just thaw … Continue reading
I’m so ready for a new season. Though it really hasn’t been a horrific summer this year. We have had several 100+ degree days this past week, and will probably have some more during August. We have had a number of … Continue reading
I made a trip to one of our local produce markets on Saturday. I was hoping to get a yellow meat watermelon, my favorite watermelon. They didn’t have any yet. I learned that the yellow meat watermelons won’t be ready … Continue reading
Well, I started off by getting out my 1953 Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook to try to find a beef Stew recipe. I didn’t quite get to that recipe because I remembered the peaches on the kitchen counter. And then … Continue reading
Have you ever eaten those wonderful cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster? You know, the bread they serve fresh out of the oven. Well, look what I found at Walmart! Read more here. A box mix and a Bisquick recipe.