- I'm Karen, a city dweller who dreams about wide open spaces in the country, somewhere further north, where they actually have all four seasons. Until then, I'll be writing about life here in the city. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! God bless you and come visit often.
- "The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed." Patrick Henry
- "The best part of all Christian work is that part which only God sees." - Andrew Bonar (1810-1892)
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie ten Boom
- "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." --C.S. Lewis Maybe if we could put God and the 10 Commandments back in schools, kids would learn to care about and respect each other and crime would drop. They would stop hating each other and trying to kill each other.
- "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." George Washington
- You and the Lord are the majority in any conflict with the enemy.
A study of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. It’s a great habit to read through the Bible every year. Hide the Word in your heart!
Search The Urban Woman
Latest Pins on Pinterest – 55 boards and over 18,000 pins
Affiliate DisclosureI am a member of various affiliate marketing programs from which I earn commissions on the sale of products that are advertised on this site, unless otherwise stated.
- "I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble." ~ Hellen Keller
- What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?
- What great thing would you attempt if you KNEW you could not fail?
- "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
Category Archives: Family
I am blessed to have a Mom who loves me. I love her too. Momma is not perfect. None of us are. There are things in my childhood that I wish could have been different. Even now I’d like to … Continue reading
Grandma Ollie I’ve been thinking about Grandma Ollie a lot lately. I miss her so much. She was a dear sweet woman who loved the Lord. She prayed a lot. She lived by prayer and she read her Bible. When … Continue reading
I’m sorry it’s been awhile since I’ve written. I was taking care of my sick little Bubba kitty. We lost him last Sunday and we’ve been mourning his loss. We miss him so much but we believe that he is … Continue reading
Mama was born in Arkansas, September 20, 1935. Her mother was 30 years old when she had my mama. Mama was 20 years old when she had me. I was her first-born. Mama raised her four children with love and … Continue reading
Happy Birthday to you, little sister! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day. I pray that everything you set your hands to do prospers you. The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and … Continue reading
When Mom was younger she wore her hair a bit longer than she wears it now. Actually in my lifetime she has always worn her hair very short. I love looking at the old pictures of her with her hair … Continue reading
Today a few members of my family celebrated my husband’s 62nd birthday with me. His birthday is actually on the 25th but our family always “does” the party the weekend before the birthday, if the birthday falls during the week. … Continue reading