- I'm Karen, a city dweller who dreams about wide open spaces in the country, somewhere further north, where they actually have all four seasons. Until then, I'll be writing about life here in the city. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! God bless you and come visit often.
- "The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed." Patrick Henry
- "The best part of all Christian work is that part which only God sees." - Andrew Bonar (1810-1892)
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie ten Boom
- "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." --C.S. Lewis Maybe if we could put God and the 10 Commandments back in schools, kids would learn to care about and respect each other and crime would drop. They would stop hating each other and trying to kill each other.
- "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." George Washington
- You and the Lord are the majority in any conflict with the enemy.
A study of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. It’s a great habit to read through the Bible every year. Hide the Word in your heart!
Search The Urban Woman
Latest Pins on Pinterest – 55 boards and over 18,000 pins
Affiliate DisclosureI am a member of various affiliate marketing programs from which I earn commissions on the sale of products that are advertised on this site, unless otherwise stated.
- "I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble." ~ Hellen Keller
- What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?
- What great thing would you attempt if you KNEW you could not fail?
- "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
Category Archives: Animal Kingdom
I’ve said before that a lot of southern families have a Bubba – or two, or three – as does our family. His “real” name is Midnight, you can see why. This is him when he was about 3 years … Continue reading
alias Schnickerdoodle We, my husband and I, adopted two cats, Shasta and Angel, about 18 years ago, from the Humane Society. We started out as foster “parents” for them. Then we took in a third kitty, a male black cat named … Continue reading
You’re probably wondering if my cat wears some kind of clothes I have to wash. What kind of weirdo woman is this, right? Nope, I’m not talking about washing cat clothes. I’m talking about washing the cat. Well, not really … Continue reading
The name Bubba is a southern slang nickname. Not all southern families have a “Bubba” but our family does. He is short and has black hair, with a few white streaks. Our Bubba is a cat, 18 years old (that’s … Continue reading