- I'm Karen, a city dweller who dreams about wide open spaces in the country, somewhere further north, where they actually have all four seasons. Until then, I'll be writing about life here in the city. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! God bless you and come visit often.
- "The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed." Patrick Henry
- "The best part of all Christian work is that part which only God sees." - Andrew Bonar (1810-1892)
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie ten Boom
- "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." --C.S. Lewis Maybe if we could put God and the 10 Commandments back in schools, kids would learn to care about and respect each other and crime would drop. They would stop hating each other and trying to kill each other.
- "It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." George Washington
- You and the Lord are the majority in any conflict with the enemy.
A study of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. It’s a great habit to read through the Bible every year. Hide the Word in your heart!
Search The Urban Woman
Latest Pins on Pinterest – 55 boards and over 18,000 pins
Affiliate DisclosureI am a member of various affiliate marketing programs from which I earn commissions on the sale of products that are advertised on this site, unless otherwise stated.
- "I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble." ~ Hellen Keller
- What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?
- What great thing would you attempt if you KNEW you could not fail?
- "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
Author Archives: Karen
Prayer is not overcoming God’s reluctance. It is laying hold of His willingness. Martin Luther ~~~*~~~ Psalm 188:17 I shall not die, but I shall live, And recount the deeds of the LORD. ~~~*~~~ If you don’t rejoice, the devil … Continue reading
I say a quick hello because it’s 11:45pm. Yes, time for me to get to bed, but I wanted to say hello. I’ve been super busy in the last few weeks. I’m in the kitchen cooking a lot more because … Continue reading
Just a quick update and Praise Report. Hubby found out he had colon cancer, stage 2. The surgeon took out 19 polyps during the colonoscopy but found 2 masses that were too large to take out. He went back to … Continue reading
This is going to be a great year! I am declaring and decreeing it over my family. I am determined to have it be so, no matter what. Currently we’re going through a small difficulty. Well, I say small. Hubby … Continue reading
Christmas Eve 2016 I’ve been enjoying myself so much today. I wrapped some gifts and made some tags for a few of the Christmas gifts. Thanks to the pinners on Pinterest for sharing great photos, which I saved on my Christmas board. … Continue reading
Oh, I do love this cold weather. Round here the high today was 51°. I wore a coat but I saw a lot of people out who did not even have a jacket on and several young fellas had shorts on, the … Continue reading
Just a few things here today. Then I’ve got to finish a couple of fall projects. It’s already getting Christmasy festive around town. Even I’m getting into the spirit of the season, and normally my favorite time of the year is AUTUMN. Husband … Continue reading