25 Random Things
1. I’m hanging on to the last vestiges of winter. We’re eating potato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. The only time I like eating soup is in fall and winter.
2. It’s officially SPRING but temps are down at night time. I savor the nights and the cooler temps.
3. T. Kinkade
4. We can all appreciate our mothers giving of themselves.
5. The 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address is coming up Nov 19th, this year.
6. And the 225th anniversary of the U.S. Bill of Rights is coming up on Sep 25th this year.
7. A centenarian is anyone who is at least 100 years of age. As of the 2010 Census there were 53,364 in the U.S.
8. As of Mar 20, 2014 there were 68 verifiable super centenarians in the world. Those are people 110 years of age and older.
9. It’s hard to believe that we’re almost finished with three months of this new year. The only thing I like about time flying by so fast the older I get, is that I can whiz thru summer and get back around to the autumn faster. Thing is, when we’re in the middle of summer, it feels like time is moving way too slow.
10. We still miss our little Bubba, but I’m crying less. Not that I’m forgetting about him, but I’m healing from his loss. I keep reminding myself of the good times we had with him and how sweet he was to us.
11. I bought a copy of “The New Strong’s Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible”, Red Letter Edition. I can hardly wait to start going through it and gleaning from it. It has Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries.
12. There’s one thing I positively don’t like. When people take the Lord’s name in vain. If we say something like, “Oh my God…” that is taking the Lord’s name in vain. It makes me cringe. There are other ways people take the Lord’s name in vain, and I hate to say it but I’ve been guilty of it myself. Working on stopping it. I love the Lord and I wouldn’t want to hurt His feelings or offend Him in any way, even by being irreverent and disrespectful of His name.
13. Here’s How To Build a 12X20 Cabin on a Budget. This would make a great work studio or guest cabin. I’d like to have a studio that would be solar powered, off the grid. Hubby has already made our shed solar powered.
14. STOP saying Spring already. I’m not ready to give up winter just yet, not that we get much winter down here. Not trying to be rude to all the bloggers who are writing about Spring, but I’m trying to hang onto the last little thread of winter. Ya see, Spring doesn’t last very long around here. We usually jump right into high temps, 90′s and 100′s and it stays there for 3 or 4 months straight.
15. I know Easter eggs are cute and everything, but what does a bunny and eggs have to do with Easter? I’ll admit, I’ve seen some very pretty artfully decorated eggs. I’d like to try creating some of the beautiful eggs I’ve seen in some of the Spring magazines, but I feel like I’m being “worldly” and betraying Jesus, Who is the reason for Easter, by getting into the bunny and egg thing. Am I the only one who feels that way?
16. I love this post about seeking hard after the Lord. She wrote about memory cards and I bought a small album today so I can do this. When I was in high school I had such a difficult time memorizing anything. Carrying the Bible verse cards with me in a mini album is a wonderful idea.
17. WISH LIST: visit Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Israel, Ireland, Maine, Montana and Wisconsin.
18. It’s late but I think I’ll eat a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios while I finish writing this post. Back in a minute.
19. Thinking of making a peach cobbler. Hubby and I prefer peaches over apples, though I do like a piece of homemade apple pie a couple times a year.
20. Currently Reading: Learning To Pray by K.P. Yohannan, Overflowing Success by Todd Weaver, Financial Dominion, How to Take Charge of Your Finances by Dr Norvel Hayes. Next up, The Enchanted Barn by Grace Livingston Hill.
21. God is GOOD. ALWAYS Good.
22. God dearly loves all of His creation. He desires to spend time with us, if we will talk to Him, and be quiet and be still and listen to Him. We need to find a quiet place – no noise – no distractions of any kind – and listen to Him.
23. I’m looking at the walls and thinking I need to paint again. A light taupe/gray. If I do that, I’m going to have to buy new curtains for the living room and dining room. Only 4 windows. Then there’s 2 windows in the master bedroom and 2 more windows in the front bedroom. Okay, 8 windows. That’s not too bad.
24. I’m looking around at all the things I need to put on my To-Do List. Top of the list. Ironing. Oh wait. Replace burned out bulb in ceiling fan. Uh, maybe put mulch in flowerbed. I don’t know what needs to be first. That’s why my list is so long. I don’t know where to start. Ok. I’ll make a list of the rooms and what needs to be done in each room, and then a list for the outside. Getting tired already.
25. Saturday is always a terrific day! I wish Saturday could last 48 hours.
God bless y’all.